Friday, November 11, 2011

Definitely Not Wasted

Crazy week. My parents were in town to make sure I'm not marrying a psychopath serial killer meet my fiancee (they approve, of course, because he's amazing) and I had a great time dragging them all over to see the sights. After sending them off early yesterday morning I realized that I had one of those rare whole-day-off-all-to-myself situations happening, so I decided it was finally time to do one of those cool day-off things I always say I'm going to do but never actually get around to doing: taking my journal and my fancy new camera to Angels Knoll. And I actually did it. I wrote in my journal and took pictures with my camera. And it was lovely. Yay me. 
 I love this place.  It's so funky/beautiful.    
And so random with the antique peach trolley cars that go up and down the hill all day long.
I love the inscriptions in the trees.
I love the pink flowers that fall from the trees and cover the ground.
Apparently I also love taking pictures of flowers.

Mostly, I love the fact that I can get on the metro at my apartment, get off to all of this, hang out until my camera battery dies, then head home feeling like I haven't completely wasted the day. 
Yay for a beautiful, refreshing, quiet, fun, definitely-not-wasted day that I completely deserved.  
More, please. 
   
  







2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! :) Especially the ones with the flowers! :) Best wishes from Germany

    ReplyDelete