Thursday, February 17, 2011

Diary of A Rebel #4

It is late Thursday afternoon, and after a really hellish morning of dog ownership (there was a lot of vomit...) I am sitting here at my computer with a glass of wine (ok, my second glass of wine,) and my blog.  

Nice, right?
Then why do I feel so conflicted?


Probably because
A) Alcohol is not super healthy and I've been trying to cut back on unhealthy things, but, it is really doing the trick to settle my stomach after cleaning up dog puke all day. 
B) I hate that I wasn't able to protect my dog this time around, but, I guess if she had to get sick, it's a good thing I was home to take care of her!
also,
C) I'M AT HOME ALONE ON A THURSDAY AFTERNOON DRINKING WINE WHILE BLOGGING
One hand = yay!  Other hand = looser!

In-between getting up to check the pulse of pet my little one and refill my glass, I can't help but wonder... 
(thank you Carrie Bradshaw...)

Is it possible to take too much care of yourself?  
         
I've been an intensely hard worker my whole life, but I took a break from the hustle and bustle of it all late last year because  
it just seemed like a good idea to stop for a minute and try to figure out what the heck I was actually working for. 


AND BOY DID IT WORK.  
I had some really good days off, I actually did figure out what I want to work for, 
but I know that it is not going to be easy...
And it almost makes me wish that I could hang on to my lazy days forever. 


So how am I going to do all of the work that I want to do while staying sane, happy, healthy, and fit? 





No... I mean, seriously, how do you swing that?!


Because I don't have the answer yet!


But I'm choosing not to be guilty over today.  


Maybe achieving balance is knowing that somedays
you just have to chuck it, open a bottle of wine at 4 PM, spend the rest of the day in bed cuddling, and do better tomorrow.
  


So, here's to a better Friday...
Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment