Gotta be honest:
I'm struggling with the whole "rebel" thing this week.
I am currently in the process of:
- Scheduling (and gathering students) for my own Pilates classes
- Writing one (possibly two) screenplays.
- Working on a way to start my Pilates Reformer apprentice hours in advance.
And I have a call back for a commercial later this week... (fingers crossed!)
So why can't I (ever) seem to quiet the nagging little voice inside my head that keeps trying to tell me I'm not good enough, not productive enough, not... I don't know, conventional (?) enough.
That "little" voice has never gotten me anywhere I've really wanted to be...
But it is scary out there.
The world is constantly trying to tell me that I must be "financially secure" but, come on... does anyone actually believe that that kind of security still exists in today's world?
I know in my gut that taking the time to develop the skills I need to employ myself in the future is the right thing to do now, so how do I stop the fear from taking over?
By realizing that if I run out of money I can always go get another job?
By refusing to accept defeat?
By changing my outlook on what it means to be successful?
At the end of the day, my "job" as an actor, a Pilates instructor, and a human being is to live the best life that I can and to share it with other people.
I also intend to enjoy along the way.
So here's hoping that my head and my heart will finally come together some (glorious) day.
Won't that be a success?
I'm struggling with the whole "rebel" thing this week.
I am currently in the process of:
- Scheduling (and gathering students) for my own Pilates classes
- Writing one (possibly two) screenplays.
- Working on a way to start my Pilates Reformer apprentice hours in advance.
And I have a call back for a commercial later this week... (fingers crossed!)
So why can't I (ever) seem to quiet the nagging little voice inside my head that keeps trying to tell me I'm not good enough, not productive enough, not... I don't know, conventional (?) enough.
That "little" voice has never gotten me anywhere I've really wanted to be...
But it is scary out there.
The world is constantly trying to tell me that I must be "financially secure" but, come on... does anyone actually believe that that kind of security still exists in today's world?
I know in my gut that taking the time to develop the skills I need to employ myself in the future is the right thing to do now, so how do I stop the fear from taking over?
By realizing that if I run out of money I can always go get another job?
By refusing to accept defeat?
By changing my outlook on what it means to be successful?
At the end of the day, my "job" as an actor, a Pilates instructor, and a human being is to live the best life that I can and to share it with other people.
I also intend to enjoy along the way.
So here's hoping that my head and my heart will finally come together some (glorious) day.
Won't that be a success?
No comments:
Post a Comment