Last week I was in a major bit of a funk over my "perfect" plans being postponed.
But if there's one thing I've learned so far in my 27 years on this earth, it's that things change, and usually for a good reason.
So here's what's happening now:
I'm going to spend the next 5 months doing whatever I want!
Yeah, I could get a part time job, but why would I waste my precious time working for someone else for a measly couple hundred dollars a week when I could try to make meaningful work for myself?
Instead, I think I'll teach as many Pilates mat classes as I feel like teaching and spend the rest of my time working on my own creative projects.
But if there's one thing I've learned so far in my 27 years on this earth, it's that things change, and usually for a good reason.
So here's what's happening now:
I'm going to spend the next 5 months doing whatever I want!
Yeah, I could get a part time job, but why would I waste my precious time working for someone else for a measly couple hundred dollars a week when I could try to make meaningful work for myself?
Instead, I think I'll teach as many Pilates mat classes as I feel like teaching and spend the rest of my time working on my own creative projects.
Or maybe just plain live and actually enjoy it for once.
After all...
After all...
If I'm really honest with myself, I know that I haven't spent much of the past year following my heart.
For example...
For example...
I remember a moment on the set of a film last January where I suddenly realized, "This is it- this is what I was meant to do with my life." I can't really explain why, but I just knew... for the very first time, that was IT. I'll never forget that feeling.
And yet what did I do the next day...?
Began working full time at my day job.
Now does that make any sense?
And yet what did I do the next day...?
Began working full time at my day job.
Now does that make any sense?
NO!
I guess I didn't really know where to start. I was worried about being able to support myself. And pressured. And everyone else around me thought that me working full time was a grand idea. (And it was, for them.) And I really like to shop.
And as an actor sometimes all you can do is make the best of what you've got and hope for something better to come along, right?
I guess I didn't really know where to start. I was worried about being able to support myself. And pressured. And everyone else around me thought that me working full time was a grand idea. (And it was, for them.) And I really like to shop.
And as an actor sometimes all you can do is make the best of what you've got and hope for something better to come along, right?
Maybe, maybe not...
What if I made following the truth in my heart my profession?
Who says I have to have a "real" job anyway?
What if I made following the truth in my heart my profession?
Who says I have to have a "real" job anyway?
And more importantly, why would I follow someone else's rules when I don't want to be like anyone else?
So here it is:
Diary of a Rebel.
A new blog feature and way of life.
(A way to keep myself honest.)
Follow me as I attempt to forget about what I should be doing with my life and figure out how to do what I actually want to do.
Will I be able to support myself financially?
Will I find a way to make meaningful art?
Will I read and write and act everyday?
Will I make the most of every single moment of my life?
Will I eventually start to feel guilty about how much fun I'm having and end up working at Starbucks?
When the time comes to complete the rest of my Pilates teacher training in April, will I still be waiting around for something good to happen?
Or will unabashedly following my dreams for the very first time make me happier than I ever imagined?
I'll never know if I don't (really) try.
So let's find out, shall we?
Goals for this week:
1. Find a place to teach pilates
2. Enjoy Thanksgiving
3. Read, watch movies, daydream, brainstorm
4. Love the process
5. Have fun!
I think it's a marvelous plan!
I'd love to hear your thoughts!
So here it is:
Diary of a Rebel.
A new blog feature and way of life.
(A way to keep myself honest.)
Follow me as I attempt to forget about what I should be doing with my life and figure out how to do what I actually want to do.
Will I be able to support myself financially?
Will I find a way to make meaningful art?
Will I read and write and act everyday?
Will I make the most of every single moment of my life?
Will I eventually start to feel guilty about how much fun I'm having and end up working at Starbucks?
When the time comes to complete the rest of my Pilates teacher training in April, will I still be waiting around for something good to happen?
Or will unabashedly following my dreams for the very first time make me happier than I ever imagined?
I'll never know if I don't (really) try.
So let's find out, shall we?
Goals for this week:
1. Find a place to teach pilates
2. Enjoy Thanksgiving
3. Read, watch movies, daydream, brainstorm
4. Love the process
5. Have fun!
I think it's a marvelous plan!
I'd love to hear your thoughts!
No comments:
Post a Comment