It's a lovely, slow Monday for me today! The weather (hot and windy) is no good for walking pugs, so Asta and I are cuddled on the couch instead. I've got tea, gingersnaps, and Boardwalk Empire and Bored to Death on HBO. (Kristen Wiig is my hero.)
Last night I kickstarted one of my time-off goals:
COOKING FOR MYSELF! (SCARY!)
(And yes, I'm about to post a blog about what I ate for lunch today. Deal with it.)
I've never really had the time or the inclination to cook before, but, I'm in the process of changing things up and breaking free of my old habits, so now seems like the perfect time to start! (And I have all of this special free time, so I'm officially out of excuses.)
I spent a ridiculous amount of time in my neighborhood Whole Foods yesterday: standing around reading labels, dodging other customers, and walking back and forth making sure I had everything I needed. (Although I'm not using any recipes, so who knows?)
I didn't put any frozen dinners in my cart- progress!
Last night's sauteed veggies and quinoa was awesome, and today for lunch I made some naan bread "pizza." For a split-second I thought it looked like maybe too much food for lunch, but, I managed to polish it off without any trouble. And, it only took about 20 minutes to make- nice!
That's onion, garlic, bell peppers, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, arugula, parmesan, and feta, with some olives and hummus on the side. So yum!
I'm off to do a little reading, attend a pilates reformer group class, hit up the sauna at the gym, then back home to make myself some dinner. I'm thinking black bean, quinoa, and tempeh chili. I might even get really crazy and paint my nails WHILE watching a movie after dinner.
Not too shabby for a Monday.

No comments:
Post a Comment