I suddenly found myself unemployed this week.
After struggling through a major case of burnout I decided to take some time off from the day job so that I could focus on becoming a good pilates teacher and regaining some balance in my life.
When I was told not to bother coming back for my last two weeks it became clear to me that I had made the right decision.
Quite simply, the job did not align with my life goals. It had to go. This is MY life and I intend to spend it being happy. I'll save the drama for my artistic life and possibly the occasional ridiculously intense romance, thank you very much.
But what to do for the next 14 days until I begin my pilates teacher training?
1. A lot of pilates, obviously/reading books by Joseph H. Pilates. How interesting is it that the Pilates method is all about balance of the body and mind? This could be the start of my perfect career.
2. Spoiling this cutie pie:
Asta is my pal. And my heart's role model.
3. Finishing "The Creative Habit" by Twyla Tharp and actually practicing the exercises she prescribes for becoming a habitually creative person. Including:
4. Daydreaming for at least 15 minutes every day. This is also known as "emotional preparation" in the realm of acting and the Meisner technique. Until I can make it to Los Angeles for class at Playhouse West...
5.
Following the instructions on my arm. I got this tattoo last year, and it has a different meaning for me every single day. It's a good mantra.
6. Learning how to live simply and cook for myself. I've got just enough money for bills and groceries. How can I inexpensively make my necessities both healthy and pleasurable?
7. Writing a little bit every day. I want to make it my new habit- even if it's just a blog post or jotting a phrase or idea in my journal. Write it down, Stef!
8. Reading some fiction. I started Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" a couple of months ago, let's see if I can finish it in the next two weeks.
9. Working my way through my maxed-out Netflix queue.
10. Going back to ballet class. Scary thought, but I'm ready to make a little archeological dig back to the beginning of my artistic life.
Keep checking back for updates on my progress outside of the working world! I don't know exactly what will happen, but for the first time I have faith that I will be okay. I think that means I'm on the right track, don't you?

No comments:
Post a Comment