Monday, October 11, 2010

How to be awesome.

I am now a part-time employee at my day job.    
(Freedom, I heart you.)

Today was my 1st of 3 days off this week, and it was pretty darn spectacular.  
Here's how it went down: 
1. Wake up at 9:45 AM. 
2. Buy health insurance over breakfast.
3. Work on copy for industrial audition at a leisurely pace while fielding work related text messages. 
4. Light lunch at home (no cramming food down my throat in-between customers in the back of a store or eating-for-therapy today, thank you very much.)
5. Film an awesome audition.  No, it's not art, but yes, it will pay for the health insurance. 
6. NOT worry about making up my hours at work if I book the gig and need to travel to Houston for the shoot.  
7. Home for a bit of laundry and catching up on HBO TV. Good TV gives me hope.  Sad, but true.
8. Hit the gym for a pilates reformer lesson.  Countdown to MY teacher training: 24 days.  I. Can't. Wait. (!) 
 9. Help out a friend by editing their resume.
10. Frozen dinner + magazine + wine = easy and delicious.  Cooking is boring. 
11.  Long. Bath.
12. Finish laundry.  More HBO TV. 
13.  This.
True... today did not appear to be revolutionary, or exciting, or even very productive. but I enjoyed it immensely.  
And that's the point, isn't it?  
It's exactly how I want my life to be.

Best of all, I've got a feeling that when the time comes to be revolutionary, exciting, and productive, I'll be ready.  



  



2 comments:

  1. Hey Stefanie, Best of luck to you! I've been obsessed with life design recently and started a blog to capture my random thoughts and experiments in creating more freedom in my life and career. I stumbled upon your blog from your Twitter and voila you're my first lifestyle design rockstar post: http://rationallywhitney.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- thank you Whitney! I hate that I've been so busy with work that I've just now seen your post, but the good news is that I've got a lot more lifestyle design ideas coming down the pike. Love that term... lifestyle design...

    ReplyDelete