Monday, August 9, 2010

Stefanie Splurges 8/9/2010

August 2 - August 8, 2010


I was a very good girl this week (outside of my normal everyday splurges of course...)


(un)Fortunately a couple of hours out by the pool with my magazines have left me with a fall-fashion-wish-list that's miles long.  But more on that later... 
  
Here are a few of the somewhat practical splurges I'm planning to throw down my cash for in the meantime:  


1. New Sneakers, (hopefully under $100)
My current ones are suddenly funky.  I can't be seen at my fancy gym in stinky, dirty, broken down shoes.  I just need something cute that I can run on the treadmill in without getting injured.  OH! LOOK...  
Purple!
2.  My car, $500
I love my little red car.  I really must try to be nicer to her.  I absentmindedly scraped her on the side of my garage oh- about a year ago, and I've been avoiding getting it repaired because it's such a hassle!  And doesn't it always seem that once you get something on your car fixed that something else breaks shortly thereafter?  In my mind, I've been saving myself from future repairs, and, if my remote keyless entry hadn't stopped working a few days ago I could have been right about that theory.  Oh well.  Time to suck it up and get her fixed.

I have so many awesome vintage purchases that are just sitting in my closet, waiting for their moment in the sun.  Every week on my day off I put "ALTERATIONS" in my to-do list, and every week I get so busy that I end up putting it off again.  The really sad thing is that some of the clothes I bought with the intention of wearing all summer long, and here it is- almost Labor Day!  Ugh.  This is getting finished TODAY!
4.  A long weekend at the beach, (hopefully under $1000)
My June trip to Playa del Carmen was AMAZING.
(Maybe I can make it a bi-annual tradition?)
We in the retail world are rapidly approaching *The Holiday Season*, which means that things are about to get real crazy at work (and life in general.)  I've found that it's much easier to work hard when you have something super exciting that you're working for; therefore, I've decided to plan a post-Christmas getaway.  It must be warm, on the beach, and those are my only two requirements.   



I'm off to run some errands!  Have a great Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment