Friday, April 6, 2012

10 weeks

Hello, 
I'm pregnant!  
I've been putting off making a real blog post for some time now, because I've been waiting for the right opportunity to announce the news.  
The past month (and the weeks before when I didn't even know I was expecting) have been a crazy whirlwind of emotions. 
I don't even know what to write.
I am excited, nervous, happy, tired, nauseous, and (as always) completely in awe of the mystery of life.
I heard my baby's heart beating this week.  Probably the coolest thing that has ever happened to me.  


So far, being pregnant is a lot harder than I thought it would be.    
I always imagined that if I were ever to become a mother I would do Pilates every day and eat the perfect vegan diet.  
As it turns out, Pilates makes me nauseous, as does every single one of the foods I used to like to eat.  
Dairy is my new best friend.  Also eggs... yolks and all... which for me is basically equivalent of that scene in Rosemary's Baby where she eats the raw liver...
And I can't walk past an Asian or Italian food restaurant without gagging.
And I suddenly have insomnia.
And I'm pretty sure my husband is wondering whatever happened to the sweet, easy-going, bright, energetic young woman he married.     
So apparently I am not Super Woman.  
Good to know.  

Good news though, today was the first day in weeks that I haven't felt like crap!
I even ate a kale salad!  
A kale salad with cheddar cheese and a hard-boiled egg, but still, yay veggies.
Maybe the worst is over... fingers crossed! 

So that's all I've got for now.  I promise (for real this time) to start blogging more often, so if you're reading this keep checking back!   

No vintage shop update this week, but I still have lots more good stuff to post, so stay tuned to my 
and I'm on Instagram now too... @lookimpretty


     






    

   


No comments:

Post a Comment