Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Pilates-Body Experiment

It's been over 3 weeks since my last blog post... oops!

My excuse?  

I've been obsessing over men.
  
That's right...
Between my awesome new boyfriend and Joseph Pilates, there just doesn't seem to be time for much else these days.

I'm even changing my workout in an effort to please the men in my life...

JUST KIDDING!
(Although I do think Joe P. would be proud!)
Joe and his wife, Clara.



Actually, I just want to know firsthand what a real-life "Pilates Body" looks like, so, 


Here's the plan:
- Pilates at least 4Xs per week
(Mostly mat classes, but, my Reformer training starts in a few weeks so I'm sure I'll be doing plenty of both!)
- Moderate cardio for 30 minutes-1 hour 3-4Xs per week
- 2 rest days per week
- THAT'S ALL
- I'll keep up this routine for at least 6 weeks and then re-evaluate. 


I like to think of it as cleansing my body's palate. 
(Of course, practicing what I preach is another way to look at it...)


Mr. Pilates created his workout to enhance his other athletic endeavors, so my plan is to start over with Pilates and see what I need/want to add to my program after the 6 weeks is up.  


I'll probably throw in the occasional ballet or yoga class... what can I say... I'm addicted to movement!  


Maybe that's why I love Pilates... it makes moving your body more fun!  


Take my word for it - OR - try my class and see for yourself! 

I'll keep you posted - 

Stefanie
      
    




No comments:

Post a Comment