Okay, actually I'm just thinking about trying to save money at the moment. The truth is: A) I'm spoiled; B) I play the "life is short, might as well enjoy it" card all too often; C) I have no willpower; and D) I like to pretend that my big break is just around the corner and everything is going to work out perfectly so I don't have to worry. I know it's wrong, wrong, wrong, but I can't stop!
Check in each week to take a peek (cringe) at the things I probably shouldn't be buying...
July 25 - August 1, 2010
Yes, it sounds silly, but I'm fascinated by this kind of stuff. I went with one of my good friends and we had fun comparing notes after our separate hour long readings. Could be a perfect waste of money, but it was certainly an entertaining way to spend a Sunday afternoon. The best part is, she also thinks that my big break is just around the corner, in the form of a national commercial. (Come on big money!) I can't wait to see if she's right!
2. 600 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Sheets, $70
Mine needed replaced, so I went for an upgrade and I have no regrets. These are so freaking comfy. I don't know how I ever lived without them. I even love them when I can't sleep because it actually feels good to toss and turn. Seriously, go get some. Search Amazon.com for 600 Thread count egyptian cotton sheets
3. Vintage Bakelite Bracelets, $50
My boss found these on a buying trip and I insisted that he bring some back for me. I figure I deserve a little perk for running the store all by myself while he's jet-setting around the world looking at pretty things. Gotta work your connections, right? Search Amazon.com for vintage bakelite bracelets
4. Keurig Platinum Mini Brewer B315
$99
My old one died this week and I couldn't possibly live without it. I'm a busy modern woman with no time to wait for a whole pot of coffee to brew the old fashioned way. A very necessary splurge.
5. Apple iPhone 4 32GB, $299
I'm a bad, bad, girl. I was going to wait until my contract was up in November, but I hate waiting! If I'm going to be a blogger, I'm going to need a camera with a flash and the ability to take a self portrait at all times, right? I went for the 32GB because I also like to always have all of my music (security blanket) with me. Plus, I decided that if I was going to take the plunge, it would be better to do it before the holidays. How's that for somewhat-responsible budgeting? Not very good, I know.
Here's hoping my psychic is right about that commercial...!
2. 600 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Sheets, $70
Mine needed replaced, so I went for an upgrade and I have no regrets. These are so freaking comfy. I don't know how I ever lived without them. I even love them when I can't sleep because it actually feels good to toss and turn. Seriously, go get some. Search Amazon.com for 600 Thread count egyptian cotton sheets
3. Vintage Bakelite Bracelets, $50
My boss found these on a buying trip and I insisted that he bring some back for me. I figure I deserve a little perk for running the store all by myself while he's jet-setting around the world looking at pretty things. Gotta work your connections, right? Search Amazon.com for vintage bakelite bracelets
4. Keurig Platinum Mini Brewer B315
My old one died this week and I couldn't possibly live without it. I'm a busy modern woman with no time to wait for a whole pot of coffee to brew the old fashioned way. A very necessary splurge.
5. Apple iPhone 4 32GB, $299
I'm a bad, bad, girl. I was going to wait until my contract was up in November, but I hate waiting! If I'm going to be a blogger, I'm going to need a camera with a flash and the ability to take a self portrait at all times, right? I went for the 32GB because I also like to always have all of my music (security blanket) with me. Plus, I decided that if I was going to take the plunge, it would be better to do it before the holidays. How's that for somewhat-responsible budgeting? Not very good, I know.
Here's hoping my psychic is right about that commercial...!


I can relate to all of the above. Especially no. 5. You know its worth it.
ReplyDeleteTOTALLY! I can't wait to get it in the mail!!
ReplyDelete