Thursday, August 12, 2010

ohnoohnoohnoohno...

I felt pretty good about today's callback.  
My body, apparently, did not.
  As soon as I pulled away from the casting director's office and back onto I-35 north, I noticed that my throat was insanely sore and my ears were all throb-y and I barely made it back to Dallas without passing out!  (P.S.- THIS IS ME WHINING LIKE A BABY!)  Major let down... I should be out celebrating right now!  
No fair!

 Since I never refuse to get sick, I have a couple of theories:
  
1.  This week has been too much excitement for my body to handle.

2.  I've actually been sick all week but too excited about my callback to notice.
  
3.  I love Austin and the promise of a really great gig so much that my body physically rejected the dragging of itself back to "the real world"/good ol' Dallas. 

4.  While sitting down for almost 6 hours straight is normal for most people, my body is used to standing... so it got confused? 

5.  I'm about to get sick so will naturally book the gig and be forced to suffer through several more trips to Austin feeling like crap due to bad karma.    

Whatever.  All I know is that tomorrow will be absolute torture if I don't start to feel better right this instant.  Waiting on pins and needles to hear from my agent + trying to run a store all by myself + feeling terrible will NOT BE PRETTY.  
If I have to be sick tomorrow can I please have really nice customers? 
Please please pretty please?!  
(more whining there...) 

My view from the bed.  Yes, that is a drawing of my head. 

Must. Sleep. Now.
Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment